We work with senior care facilities to pair residents with members of our team based on mutual interests. Individuals from our organization then reach out in person or via Zoom, Skype or FaceTime to connect with residents to conduct one or more of the activities listed below. If you have any other activity suggestions, please let us know! Our activities are focused on the visual arts, performing arts, language arts and even the culinary arts! We hope to foster civic engagement in both ends of the age spectrum by bringing seniors and youth together through a common interest in certain activities.
Some of our activities include:
For One-on-One Meetings:
- playing games (charades, trivia or others)
- listen to music performed by us
- Painting or drawing together
- Painting or Drawing lesson
- weave/knit with us
- share cooking/baking recipes!
- having chats every week and sharing stories
(consistent weekly meetings to build friendships)
For Group Meetings:
- lead a google earth tour
- conduct a painting or drawing lesson
-organize a mini concert
-host a cooking show
- host a game show themed trivia game
(Family Feud, Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune, Multiple choice trivia)
- teach a language lesson
(We've offered ASL, Spanish, French, Italian, Latin, Mandarin, German, Tagalog, Tamil)
We Have Been...